Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Communing with Spirit

Here's the latest addition to my Girls. She is "Communing with Spirit".
That means different things to different people. I know she doesn't look finished,but I felt she was ready to be posted.

Some may look at the Coffee Filter Girls and think "she calls this art?" I can't say they are my best works and they are by far the worst. I spent a year not creating due to some events in my life that I felt robbed me of my gift. These Girls have been more like therapy for me,bringing me back to some of the things I love most. It's been a long and sometimes heartbreaking process for me but just the fact that I've picked up brush or pen has been a great achievement for me.

I can honestly say I've spent a lot of time communing with the Spirit within me and slowly I'm regaining the creativity that once dwelled within. So to those of you that have left words of encouragement and inspiration, Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now does this mean the end of the Girls? I doubt it,as long as Honey has coffee every morning,I'll have a fresh surface to play with.

3 comments:

  1. I really love these! I cannot wait to see more of your work here

    ReplyDelete
  2. you INSPIRE *ME*! how adorable this is. and believe me, no judgement here. . . i think your coffee girls could get u a few bucks for real, you know, don't doubt yourself, chica, you are so full of creativity, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank ever so much to both you. I enjoy making them. They are sort of my therapy. ;)

    ReplyDelete