Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Amor Eterno

Amor Eterno

Doesn't that sound so romantic in Spanish?

I was looking for something else,moving things around and I came across my little stash of unpainted boxes. Then I remembered I had one done and one base coated so I thought I'd share them with you. I'm all about feedback,so give me your opinion. I was thinking of creating the rest of them and pushing them out into the world. I've always wanted an ETSY store and maybe these would be a starting point. I try to add a blessing to my artwork,before sending it off or exhibiting it. Maybe these would bring love,dreams and wishes to someone.

Next on the list of creative endeavours is to create my own fabric. I don't mean the weaving part of it, I want to design the print of it. Last year I bought a bolt of muslin and now will be a good time to get started. It's been in the 100's here so it should cure pretty quick. Tomorrow I will hopefully get the rubber squares and start carving the stamps to block print my fabric. I'm excited! I have an idea that involves my Filter Girls so hopefully by the weekend I'll have something to show you and Oh my stars is it Wednesday already?

Isn't Dreaming wonderful?






















"Amor Eterno" it sounds so romantic in Spanish doesn't it?



This is a before and after,granted, I completed the after about 2 years ago. They are trinket boxes (for lack of a better description) the finished one has a crackled paint look to it and under the glass lid is El Corazon from a Loteria card. I then affixed Milagros at each corner. One is a heart the other a praying Virgin Mary. The box opens and you can hide love and wishes inside.



I was looking for something else(isn't that how it usually is?) when I came across my little stash of these boxes. I know I've had them for a few years already. Maybe I'll get them all gussied up and open an "ARTFUL CHICA'S STUDIO" ETSY store. What do you think?



Next up on my creation agenda is fabric. I have some ideas for some fabric print,so God willing I'll get the rubber and start carving the stamps tomorrow and maybe by the weekend have the ACS fabric line. Isn't dreaming wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment