Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Belated Mother's Day!



I hope all the Mother's out there had a wonderful day all to themselves!
Saturday we spent the day at the Lake with some friends. He is being shipped off to Bagdad next month and it was his floating going away party. It was a beautiful day to be on the water.

 My favorite thing to do is just float leisurely  around on a raft. When you're in the water you don't feel the Arizona sun so much as you would on land.  Me being the die hard California surfer girl that I am brought my trusty Hawaiian Tropics,I just love the smell of that stuff. So I slathered it on and jumped on my raft while everyone else was chit- chatting on shore.



 So,to make a long story short,I am now the color of an Oompa Loompa. I am so burnt I glow. It's now been 2 days and it hurts like heck. This morning it even hurt to type. Silly girl,you aren't in Cali anymore!

I don't have anything new to post up art wise. I've been working on a torso for a piece I am doing for a cousins Tattoo Shop. Most of Friday was spent making a form,then starting the paper maiche. I need to do a few more layers to make it tough. 

I may have some wonderful news to share,but it won't be today. Right now I'm crossing my fingers,my eyes,my legs,and my arms, that things go well tomorrow. 
Do you hate being held in suspense? I know I do. 

Next post should have some info on Chiquita Frida too. Until next time have a wonderful week and I hope wherever you are that it's a lot cooler than the 100' week we are having here!


1 comment:

  1. Just an FYI, Hawaiian Tropics made a lip balm. Smells just like the lotion! I love that smell too.

    ReplyDelete