Monday, May 4, 2009

A Filter Girl of a different sort

Hail Mary Full of Grace

                            She does have a coffee filter,but not like the other girls.
 She does not have a mouth either . I don't know why,but I like my girls without a mouth. I think in part it's because I have a hard time drawing them. I had to take these at weird angles,because my camera was not cooperating and I apologize. 





I'm always amazed as how I start something and then it takes on a life of it's own and ends up in another direction. This is not the visualization I had when I started,but I am more than pleased with what I was given as an end result.

 Being the Spiritual Chica that I am,I always try and invoke a Guide or Saint before I start a project. I ask for a blessing and a little guidance. With this particular piece, techniques I had never tried before made their selves known. I don't take all the credit for any of my work. They are always blessings from "A Higher Authority". 

Next on my list is St.Lucy and her eyeballs.  I think I'm going to call these next paintings "The Filter Girls,The Patron Saints Collection" I like the way that sounds! I've sketched out a few and have included a few male Saints. 
                Leave me a note,let me know what you think.
 I wish you a day filled with Peace and Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Love your content, I now follow you dear friend..
    http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com
    I host free giveaways to followers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely. it feels like the coffee filter project is developing and changing. I love it

    ReplyDelete