Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Witches Night Out

They are very good at acting innocent. Dead unstuffed chicken? What Chicken? You can almost hear one of them whistling .







I'm sure you are wondering what "Witches Night Out" has to do with my beautiful Nieces. They are also my "Dogdaughters (my play on God Daughters) and since they are the only ones that make me a Tia (aunt) I try to spoil them when I see them. I live in Arizona and they are back home in Cali.

These two girls were adopted by my sister from the California Humane Society in Pasadena. I remember going with my sister to see and eventually pick up Crush (the one looking away). We had to take sister Jax to meet her to ensure their compatibility (I think this should be done with people too lol) Crush's story was a sad one that turned out happy. They are both the most lovable and mischeivious Girls. They have been known to swipe a whole platter of freshly grilled carne asada off the counter (before anyone got any I might add) and have taken and shared loves of bread and packages of tortillas. They have even dug under the fence and allowed the Poodles next door to come over for some (all while my sister was at work.) I tell my sister real kids act just as bad sometimes.

Now that I've given a brief run down of my girls I will share with you the reason for the Witches Night Out title. The WNO was created as a Meet up group and has evolved into a great Charity Event. WNO is going to be the Halloween Bash that ends all Bashes and all for a good cause. The proceeds of our labor of love will go to the Arizona Humane Society. I volunteered Reiki Sessions and my time for this great cause and in Honor of my Dogdaughters Jax and Crush,if it wasn't for the Humane Society they wouldn't be part of our familia.



I am Co-Chairing with the Brain and Queen behind the Witches Night Out, Rose Warner. The Event is her Brainchild. She is a lover of Animals and just an amazing woman. Besides being a wife,mother and a true Hermana,she also is the Owner of the coolest stores in Downtown Chandler called Artistic View. It's an Import store with treasures from far off lands and a good section of Dia de los Muertos goodies.

If you want to know more about the event you can click on the badge on the left or leave me a message.

1 comment:

  1. oKAAAYY i loved you before, but now you are officially a woman after my own heart!!!

    amazing. exactly the kind of stuff I want to be doing!!

    ReplyDelete