Thursday, June 11, 2009

Frida


I've decided she's done.
 Every time I tried to take her up a notch it didn't turn out,and I'd slather on some gesso and start over. She's very basic,but she needs to be free.The picture gives off a lot of glare and she's not that shiny in actuality. Frida is small (2"x4") and begging for a new home.
 Leave me a comment and my trusty assistant Lola, also known as my Chica Lola will choose a winner. You have until Sunday 
June 13th leave me a comment. 

             This is my chici chici Lola (pronounced sheeky) when she was a mere babe. She's ever so helpful in the Artful Chica Studio.
She wasn't quite 8 weeks when I got her,she's about 8 months old now.She looks like a mini deer and when she runs,she hops.
 We rescued her from a pen of evil siblings that made her cry. she was the runt and meant to be mine. 
Her name changed many times before we settled on Lola.
because what
 Lola wants, Lola gets! 

5 comments:

  1. isnt lola a cutie pie!! Love her :)
    Your Frida is lovely, i adore the simplicity of the picture, it is a strong rendition of her, the colours and form are beautiful...well done!
    xsm

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay here is my comment and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness i just love it, and i definitely love lola.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frida is beautiful! And I adore the shiny red background! And little Lola is sooo cute!!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this Frida on Punk Rock Moms blog...and Im so jealous! Do you sell any art on the web? I would love a frida like this one

    ReplyDelete